XMOS is a UK based provider of innovative semiconductor solutions for the embedded market. We are looking to recruit a Field Applications Engineer (FAE) ideally from a microcontroller or FPGA background with strong software skills and coupled with good customer interaction skills. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced FAE contemplating a new challenge.
The European FAE will report into the Vice President Sales Organization and will be required to support the XMOS European Sales team in both pre- and post-sales activities. The successful individual must perform the following key roles:
Pre-sales and Post-sales
- Support customers from initial contact through the design completion phase.
- Promotion and demonstration of XMOS solutions at Target customers
- Training of customers on XMOS Software and Hardware Solutions
- Provide solutions to technical questions and issues relating to XMOS technology.
- Collaborate with customers on applications-specific tasks including IP development, firmware integration, and hardware design.
- Identify and understand technical trends and clearly communicate recommendations for future products product requirements
- Work with XMOS WW team to identify implementation strategies and tactics
- Responsible for first line technical support for Target customers in Europe
- European Travel required – approximately 20-25% of time
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Engineering Development Experience. Experienced in using version management systems.
- Excellent programming skills (C/C++)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Good customer interaction and relationship building skills are required.
- Experience with Audio Processing Applications
- Strong understanding of voice processing technology (ie Beam Forming, Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Keyword Recognition, etc)
- Adept at gathering technical customer requirements as well as developing, documenting and promoting solutions to meet the requirements.
- Well-versed in HW and SW design and debug of embedded systems in the following domains: USB, USB Audio, Ethernet, Digital Audio, DSP
- Hardware Design Reviews at system, schematic and layout level.
- Experienced with HW debug tools: USB Analyser, logic analyser, oscilloscope.
- Ability to handle complex technical support cases. Providing an efficient interface between the customer and XMOS Engineering. That includes supporting customers with debugging and ensuring they provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem.
- Provide efficient customer support using different support systems like RT or http://www.xcore.com/forum. Including providing solutions ans answers on the forum.
- Highly motivated and passionate individual that is able to learn on the job and work independently.
- Experience with reconfigurable semiconductor platforms such as FPGAs, Cypress PSoC or similar.
- A proven track record of embedded software engineering from low level assembler up to full stack development.
- Experience with Microcontroller designs, multicore or multi-threaded environments.
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Experienced with the git version management system
- Proficient in Microsoft productivity tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Location – UK preferred