XMOS drives the voice-enabled TV market forward with its next-generation voice processor and reveals a new dev-kit for the Amazon Alexa Voice Service.
All the performance at half the price– with intelligent algorithms and a $0.99* price tag, the new 2-mic voice processor from XMOS is for developers who want the best choice in voice.
VOICE summit, New Jersey, 23 July 2019– At the world’s largest voice event, XMOS announces its VocalFusion dev kit for Amazon AVS*, a far-field 2-mic solution optimised for smart TVs and set-top boxes.
The new dev kit is based on the XMOS XVF3510 voice processor, which delivers a big performance at a market leading cost of $0.991, enabling manufacturers to embed a voice interface into mass-market smart TVs and set-top boxes economically.
Developed in the UK and purpose-built for modern living spaces, XMOS’ next-generation acoustic algorithms produce a compelling experience in far-field voice control, opening the door to a more natural conversation with technology.
Working intelligently to analyse the acoustic environment, XMOS technology identifies and isolates a voice command from every other sound in the room (including any media streaming through the device itself), enabling far-field voice capture with close range precision.
- Stereo Acoustic Echo Canceller: Suppresses unwanted speaker echo and enables barge-in
- Interference Canceller: Nulls point noise sources to cancel out unwanted background noise.
- Our Adaptive Delay Estimator dynamically adjusts audio reference signal latency, ensuring the Acoustic Echo Cancellation algorithms deliver a smooth, real-time experience.
“The recent uptake and demand for devices featuring voice assistants has continued to surge”, said Simon Bryant, Research Director at Futuresource Consulting. “The strong adoption in multimedia and entertainment is expected to continue and this new device from XMOS addresses what manufacturers who want to add far-field voice control to their product lines will be looking for.”
“Giving people the freedom to control the TV with their voice from anywhere in the room,is a more natural experience – you simply tell your TV what you want to watch.” said Mark Lippett, CEO, XMOS. “Our new far-field voice processor gives developers an easy to implement solution, at a very compelling price.”
- Watch a demo of the product here.
- Find out more and buy the dev kit from xmos.com today (it will be available in distribution end August 2019).
- For XMOS news: “Alexa, ask XMOS what’s new”
Notes to editors
- For media pack including product brief and hi-res images of XMOS dev kit for AVS click here
- For more information, go to xmos.com/xvf3510avs or email email@example.com
* $0.99 unit price on orders over one million units a year. For smaller orders, other prices apply. Raspberry Pi not included with VocalFusion dev kit for AVS. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc or its affiliates.