XCORE MEETS THE CHALLENGE OF FAST EVOLVING AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS
With the relentless advancements in vehicle electrification and system architectures, there is a growing trend towards software-defined vehicles. This shift is creating a demand for scalable, flexible, and cost-efficient system partitioning, requiring smarter and distributed zone-based computers as peripherals to a highly compute-intensive centralised system. The rapid evolution in this field allows automotive and aftermarket suppliers to take advantage of xcore’s immensely configurable, software-defined platform. This platform encompasses all-in-one edge-AI, DSP, control, and extensive IO capabilities, providing significant benefits to automotive suppliers.
XMOS technology also extends beyond the confines of in-vehicle electronics. xcore empowers a wide range of intelligent IoT innovations, including affordable smart electric vehicle charging solutions with automatic licence plate recognition (ALPR) at the edge. This integration enhances parking convenience and contributes to the development of smarter cities.
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF XCORE.AI
- Deterministic processing performance
- Precise ns timing accuracy
- Providing fully programmable application specific interfaces
- Embedded PHYs for MIPI, USB and LPDDR
- SMP FreeRTOS across multiple threads
- C/C++ code development environment for control code integration
- Up to 3200 MIPS of performance available on the 800MHz package options
- 32-bit floating-point scalar pipeline offering up to 1600 MFLOPS of performance at 800MHz
- 256-bit VPU adds block floating point capabilities up to 12.8 GMACS of performance at 800MHz
- Integrated complex arithmetic and FFT/iFFT support at up to 1 million 256-point FFT/s
- 256-bit VPU supports 32-bit, 16-bit, 8-bit and binary vector operations
- Peak AI performance of 51.2GMACC/s at 8-bit with a sustained performance of 40.96GMACC/s at 800MHz
- Homogeneous computing environment for tight integration of AI operators
Software-defined partitioning of xcore.ai threads provide optimal configuration of IO, control, DSP and AI/ML that perfectly matches the specific requirements of each target application. Scaling of the tile clock frequency to meet exact performance requirements reduces power consumption providing cost and power effective intelligent IoT solutions.