xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform
Part #: XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB
Silicon on Board: XE216-512-TQ128
The xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform is a complete hardware and reference software platform targeted at up to 32-channel USB and networked audio applications, such as DJ decks and mixers.
The Multichannel Audio Platform hardware is based around the XE216-512-TQ128 multicore microcontroller; an xCORE-200 device with an integrated High Speed USB 2.0 PHY and 16 logical cores delivering up to 2000MIPS of deterministic and responsive processing power.
Exploiting the flexible programmability of the xCORE-200 architecture, the Multichannel Audio platform supports either USB or network audio source, streaming 8 input and 8 output audio channels simultaneously - at up to 192kHz. Ideal for mixing two sources and providing main and headphone monitor output feeds.
REQUIREMENTS: GETTING STARTED WITH USB AUDIO
- USB Audio 2.0 Device Software
- USB Audio Design Guide
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Evaluation Driver for Windows
- xTIMEcomposer Tools 14.1.2 or later
1. Download the tools and software.
2. Import the software in the tools, and build.
3. Read the USB Audio Design Guide (also included in the USB Audio 2.0 Device Software download) which explains how to use the USB Audio software.
REQUIREMENTS: GETTING STARTED WITH ETHERNET AVB
- Application notes and software:
- xTIMEcomposer Tools 14.1.2 or later
1. Download the tools, application notes and application note software.
2. Import the software into tools; this will automatically import any dependencies including lib_tsn library.
3. Follow the instructions in the application notes to explore the software.
USB Audio Driver Support
See USB Audio Driver Support for detailed information.
8-Core USB Audio Solutions
Customers wishing to develop a single tile USB Audio solution should refer to appnote: AN01027: Porting the XMOS USB 2.0 Audio Reference Software onto XU208 custom hardware.
Ethernet AVB Developers
The xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform supports the AVB standards as implemented in the TSN Library (lib_tsn).
Developers who need to support earlier implementations of the AVB standard using the AVnu certified XMOS Ethernet AVB Endpoint, please contact XMOS Sales.
See command length restrictions for information on building projects based on the USB Audio reference software.
xCORE-200 MULTICHANNEL AUDIO PLATFORM FEATURES
Audio connectivity features
- Up to 32 channel processing
- 8-channel analog input and output
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial optical input and output
- ADAT input and output
- MIDI input and output
- High-Speed USB device
- Optional Full-Speed fall-back
- USB Audio Class 2.0 device; Optional Audio Class 1.0 fall-back
- Self- or bus-powered
- Bit perfect USB audio transfer
- Asynchronous Isochronous to/from USB host
- PCM 384kHz at 16, 24 or 32bits
- Local crystal low-jitter audio clocking
- Multiple OS USB support
- Windows, Mac OSX, Android
Networked audio features
- 10/100/1000Mbit Ethernet connectivity
- Simultaneous talker & listener
- AVB standards compliant
- Time synchronization: 802.1AS
- Traffic shaping: 802.1Qav
- Bandwidth reservation: 802.1Qat
- Media transport: IEEE 1722
- Discovery and management: 1722.1
- Bit perfect network audio transfer
- PLL recovery of AVB clock
- Application NotesVersionUpdated
- USB Audio 2.0 Device Software - source codeTools Compatiblilty: 184.108.40.206.2rc1infoRequires xTIMEcomposer v14.1.12016-04-05
- 4.11.0infoWindows 10 driver evaluation kit with attestation signature for all XMOS USB audio reference designs and development kits. After installing the driver kit, navigate to the install folder and run "DriverPackagesXMOS_EVAL_KITS_DEMO_DriverSetup_v4.11.0_2017-05-16_setup.exe" to actually install the driver.2017-08-16
- Design FilesVersionUpdated