CREATE YOUR OWN SoC
- flexible I/O
- free verified software interfaces and peripherals
- bridge legacy interfaces with latest standards
With xCORE you program in the exact interfaces you need to meet your application requirements. If you need USB, you can program your xCORE to support USB 1.0 or 2.0; for USB Audio Class 2 you can program in either synchronous or asynchronous modes; if you want multichannel audio, you can program as many channels as you need. If you have a legacy interface, you can port your code to xCORE and provide a bridge to the latest standards like USB and Ethernet.
BUILD SCALABLE APPLICATIONS
- write interfaces once, reuse many times
- guaranteed, repeatable behavior
- build networks of xCORE devices
With xCORE the performance of an interface or block of code is guaranteed once it has been verified. The minimum performance is unaffected by tasks running on other cores.
- Write interfaces once and reuse many times
- Applications can be scaled across different xCORE devices and multiple devices with guaranteed behavior
- The minimum performance of code running on a logical core is not affected by code running on other cores
Use the xTIMEcomposer Studio Libraries Browser to view the software libraries and add them to your project.
ADOPT NEW STANDARDS
- early adoption of new standards
- quick integration into new products
- in-field software updates
As new emerging standards appear, xCORE provides the ideal platform for the development of next generation embedded designs. New software libraries can be tested early in the development process without compromising known behavior of key parts of the application. As standards evolve, changes can be quickly integrated into product updates or new products.
- Early adoption of new standards
- In-field software upgrades
Information about each library, including resource use and API, is displayed in xTIMEcomposer Studio as you edit your code.
ADD DSP TO DESIGNS
- extensive DSP libraries
- 32bit x 32bit MACC with 64bit precision
- 32bit CRC
XMOS provides a range of DSP libraries that you can use to integrate high speed DSP operations for audio signal processing, industrial control signal transformation and control plus for video processing.
All DSP operations, except for the divide instruction, run in a single cycle on the logical cores. These include a complex 32bit x 32bit multiply accumulate into 64bit precision, a long add, and 32bit CRC.
Many libraries have supporting app notes with executable examples. For example, Application note AN01008 shows how to add DSP to our USB Audio 2.0 software.
FIND THE LIBRARIES YOU NEED
We provide a large and growing selection of software libraries that you can use to configure xCORE devices that are freely available to integrate into your applications. The libraries include interfaces such as USB, Ethernet and serial ports as well as signal processing and protocol functions.
- Each library includes an API, documentation and examples
- Libraries include standard interfaces and protocol functions
- Additional supporting application notes
The Edit Perspective in xTIMEcomposer Studio includes a Library Browser, which you can use to import code into your project.