xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform (MFi)
Part #: XK-AUDIO-216-MC-ABL
Silicon on Board: XE216-512-TQ128
The xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform provides a scalable and flexible hardware and software solution for a wide range of consumer and professional audio products.
The Multichannel Audio Platform is based on an xCORE-200 multicore microcontroller; the XE216-512-TQ128 includes an integrated High Speed USB 2.0 PHY, RGMII Interface, high speed flexible GPIO and 16 logical cores that deliver up to 2000 MIPS of deterministic processing power.
Delivered as royalty-free source code, the reference software provides a fully featured production ready solution, including support for: Full- and High-Speed USB operation, USB Audio Class 2.0 & 1.0, MIDI, HID & DFU classes, Apple Device Mode with Role Switch to Host Mode operation and Apple Host Mode directly, as well as fully compliant Ethernet AVB products.
Hardware and software solutions enabling Apple devices to operate in USB Host Mode, as well as in USB Device Mode with support for USB Role Switch are available to licensees of Apple’s MFi program, through Apple’s authorized MFi component distributor. For more information on the MFi program, visit: http://developer.apple.com/MFi.
REQUIREMENTS: GETTING STARTED WITH USB AUDIO
- USB Audio 2.0 Device Software
- USB Audio Design Guide
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Evaluation Driver for Windows
- xTIMEcomposer Tools 14.1.2 or later
1. Download the tools and software.
2. Import the software in the tools, and build.
3. Read the USB Audio Design Guide (also included in the USB Audio 2.0 Device Software download) which explains how to use the USB Audio software.
REQUIREMENTS: GETTING STARTED WITH ETHERNET AVB
- Application notes and software:
- xTIMEcomposer Tools 14.1.2 or later
1. Download the tools, application notes and application note software.
2. Import the software into tools; this will automatically import any dependencies including lib_tsn library.
3. Follow the instructions in the application notes to explore the software.
USB AUDIO DRIVER SUPPORT
See USB Audio Driver Support for detailed information.
ETHERNET AVB DEVELOPERS
The xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform supports the AVB standards as implemented in the TSN Library (lib_tsn).
Developers who need to support earlier implementations of the AVB standard using the AVnu certified XMOS Ethernet AVB Endpoint, please contact XMOS Sales.
See command length restrictions for information on building projects based on the USB Audio reference software.
xCORE-200 MULTICHANNEL AUDIO PLATFORM (MFi) FEATURES
USB compliant device
- USB Audio Class 2.0 device
Optional Audio Class 1.0 fall-back
- Low loopback latency: 3 ms
- Self-powered (with Apple charging) or bus-powered
Bit perfect USB audio transfer
- Asynchronous Isochronous from/to host
- PCM ≤384kHz at 16, 24 or 32bits
- Native DSD64 and DSD128
- DoP64 and DoP128
- Local crystal low-jitter audio clocking
AVB standards compliant
- Time synchronization: 802.1AS
- Traffic shaping: 802.1Qav
- Bandwidth reservation: 802.1Qat
- Media transport: IEEE 1722
- Discovery and management: 1722.1
Bit perfect network audio transfer
- PLL recovery of AVB clock
10/100/1000Mbit Ethernet connectivity
- Simultaneous talker and listener
- Up to 32 in / 32 out channels via TDM
- 8-channel analog input and output
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial optical input and output
- ADAT input and output
- MIDI input and output
- 16 x 16 channel mixer
Multiple OS support
- Mac OSX
- Apple iOS
- Application NotesVersionUpdated
- USB Audio 2.0 Device Software - source codeTools Compatiblilty: 184.108.40.206.2rc1infoRequires xTIMEcomposer v14.1.12016-04-05
- 4.11.0infoWindows 10 driver evaluation kit with attestation signature for all XMOS USB audio reference designs and development kits. After installing the driver kit, navigate to the install folder and run "DriverPackagesXMOS_EVAL_KITS_DEMO_DriverSetup_v4.11.0_2017-05-16_setup.exe" to actually install the driver.2017-08-16
- Design FilesVersionUpdated