USB Multi-Channel Audio U16
Part #: XK-USB-AUDIO-U16-MC-AB
Silicon on Board: XS1-U16A-128
The USB Multi-Channel Audio U16 will be removed from sale, effective 31/1/16. For further information including recommended replacement see EOL notice.
The USB Multi-Channel Audio U16 Platform is a complete development hardware and reference software solution for multi-channel USB audio applications.
The hardware platform uses the XS1-U16 multicore microcontroller; an XMOS xCORE-USBâ„¢ device with an integrated High Speed USB 2.0 PHY and 16 logical cores delivering 1000MIPS of deterministic and responsive processing power.
Exploiting the flexible programmability of the xCOREâ„¢ architecture, the platform supports USB audio streaming of up to 20 channels at 192kHz, and includes 18in/8out audio mixing functionality.
The guaranteed Hardware-Responseâ„¢ times of xCORE technology always ensure low latency (round trip as low as 3ms), bit perfect audio streaming to and from the USB host.
Delivered as source code, the reference software provides a fully featured production ready solution, including support for: Full- and High-Speed USB operation, USB Audio Class 2.0 & 1.0, MIDI, HID and DFU classes.
- USB audio hardware development and reference software platform
- 8 channel analog input and output
- S/PDIF or ADAT input and output
- MIDI input and output
- 18in/8out digital audio mixer
- USB compliant device
- High-Speed USB device
Optional Full-Speed fall-back
- USB Audio Class 2.0 device
Optional Audio Class 1.0 fall-back
- Bus- or self-powered
- High-Speed USB device
- Bit perfect USB audio transfer
- Asynchronous Isochronous from host
- Adaptive Isochronous to host
- PCM â‰¤192kHz at 16, 24 or 32bits
- Local crystal audio clocking
- PLL recovery of digital audio clock
- Multiple OS support
- Mac OS X
- Apple iOS
- Royalty free software stack
- Provided as source code
See USB Audio Driver Support for detailed information.
See command length restrictions for information on building projects based on the USB Audio reference software.
Designing USB Audio 2.0 products
The USB Multi-Channel Audio U16 platform is based on the XS1-USB device. We recommend that new USB Audio 2.0 designs should be based on xCORE-200 XU (USB) devices instead of xCORE-USB devices. See the xCORE-200 USB Audio Multichannel Platform.
- USB Audio 2.0 Device Software - source codeTools Compatiblilty: 220.127.116.11.2rc1infoRequires xTIMEcomposer v14.1.12016-04-05
- 4.11.0infoWindows 10 driver evaluation kit with attestation signature for all XMOS USB audio reference designs and development kits. After installing the driver kit, navigate to the install folder and run "DriverPackagesXMOS_EVAL_KITS_DEMO_DriverSetup_v4.11.0_2017-05-16_setup.exe" to actually install the driver.2017-08-16
- Design FilesVersionUpdated