USB Audio DJ Kit
Part #: XR-USB-AUDIO-2.0-4C
Silicon on Board: XS1-U8A-64-BG96
The USB Audio DJ Kit will be removed from sale, effective 31/1/16. For further information including recommended replacement see EOL notice.
This USB Audio solution uses the xCORE-USB Family XS1-U8-64 device to provide high quality digital audio connectivity for pro-audio and consumer applications. The design provides certified USB 2.0 High Speed device and Audio Class 2.0 device class implementations with configurable digital audio interfaces, peripherals and the ability to integrate audio processing.
The xCORE-USB Family of multicore microcontrollers combines the flexibility, low latency and determinacy of xCORE, with an integrated High Speed USB 2.0 PHY supporting 480Mbps data-rates and USB Audio Class 2.
- Built on the 500 MIPS, 6 core, XS1-U6 processor with integrated High Speed USB 2.0
- Complete reference design
- 4ch audio input via I2S
- 4ch audio output via I2S
- Optical digital audio output (S/PDIF)
- Bit perfect digital audio data, 24-bit @ 192kHz
- The industry's lowest round-trip audio latency
- Supports standard sample rates - 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
- USB bus-powered. No external power supply required
- Low jitter audio master clocks using asynchronous USB synchronization
- XMOS XSYS debug header for easy programming/debug from the host using the XMOS xTAG debug adapter
See USB Audio Driver Support for detailed information.
See command length restrictions for information on building projects based on the USB Audio reference software.
Designing USB Audio 2.0 products
The USB Audio DJ Kit is based on the XS1-USB device. We recommend that new USB Audio 2.0 designs should be based on xCORE-200 XU (USB) devices instead of xCORE-USB devices. See the xCORE-200 USB Audio Multichannel Platform.
- USB Audio 2.0 Device Software - source codeTools Compatiblilty: 126.96.36.199.2rc1infoRequires xTIMEcomposer v14.1.12016-04-05
- 4.11.0infoWindows 10 driver evaluation kit with attestation signature for all XMOS USB audio reference designs and development kits. After installing the driver kit, navigate to the install folder and run "DriverPackagesXMOS_EVAL_KITS_DEMO_DriverSetup_v4.11.0_2017-05-16_setup.exe" to actually install the driver.2017-08-16
- Design FilesVersionUpdated