AVB Audio Endpoint
Part #: XK-AVB-LC-SYS
Silicon on Board: XS1-L16A-128-QF124
Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1 AVB and IEEE 1722) provides transport for AV streams across mixed-use networks with a very high quality of service. With the rapid growth in adoption of AVB for audio transport, audio endpoint solutions must be low cost and production ready.
XMOS and Attero Tech have jointly developed a solution consisting of the flexible XMOS software-only implementation of AVB audio and a low-cost board supporting up to 8 duplex channels of audio.
REQUIREMENTS: GETTING STARTED
- xTIMEcomposer Tools 13.2.1
- AVB Software (AVnu certified)
- AVB Endpoint Design Guide
- AVB Quick Start Guide
- AVB System Requirements Guide
1. Download xTIMEcomposer 13.2.1 Tools and AVnu-certified software.
2. Import the software into the tools, following the instructions in the AVB Quick Start Guide.
AVB Audio Endpoint Features
- 16-core XS1-L16-128 device
- Stereo analog audio in/out via 3.5mm jack or RCA sockets
- Up to 8 channels via I2S headers
- High quality clock recovery with PLL
- GP-IO for buttons/LEDs
- Expansion header with 12 spare I/O available
AVB Software Reference Design
The AVB Audio software reference design is available free of charge from the TSN/AVB Software page and is released under a royalty free license.
AVB Audio Endpoint Kit contents
- Two AVB low cost boards
- Two Ethernet cables
- Two power supplies
- xTAG debug adapter
- Demonstration binary
- Application NotesVersionUpdated
- AVB Endpoint Software (AVnu certified audio endpoint/Tools 13.2.1)Tools Compatiblilty: 188.8.131.52.12014-11-20
- Design FilesVersionUpdated