The xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res DAC/HPA Platform (XK-USB-AUDIO-HPA) is end of life and will be withdrawn from sale effective 2017-12-13. For further information including recommended replacement see EOL notice.
The xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amp Reference Platform is an optimized evaluation board for xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res 2 developers. xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res 2 devices offer stereo high-resolution audio interfacing capabilities to deliver precise output with low noise/distortion for soothing, high-quality sound at a price-point that is affordable for mass-market consumer audio applications.
The xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res 2 supports the full range of Hi-Resolution file formats, including PCM audio encoded at 384kHz/32-bit and DSD 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz audio using any PC or MAC.
The built-in USB interface supports a wide array of digital devices, including PC, Mac® and Android®.
Eight GPIO are available for implementing Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and eight GPIO for system control. An I2C port is also provided for the configuration of the device.
xCORE-AUDIO REQUIREMENTS: GETTING STARTED
- xCORE-AUDIO Configuration Utility
- Latest xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res DAC/HPA Firmware
- XMOS Stereo USB Audio Class2 Driver (Hi-Res Audio)
- XHRA-2HPA-TQ64-C Datasheet
xCORE-AUDIO Hi-RES DAC/HPA PLATFORM FEATURES
- USB: 2 high resolution channels OUT
- Up to 384kHz (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384) sample rates
- Asynchronous Isochronous transfers
- CODEC: I2S or DSD
- 16, 24, or 32 bit PCM
- DoP64 and DoP128
- Native DSD64 and DSD128
- Optional S/PDIF output: up to 192kHz, 16/24 bit resolution
- Flexible integration and control
- 8 GPIO system control
- 8 GPI for HMI with optional HID inputs
- I2C master for configuration and control
- Multiple OS support: Windows, Mac OS X, Android
- Field upgrade capability
- Size: 20 x 75 mm