Based in Hampton, New Hampshire (US).
The role sits in the IoT team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Software design and implementation;
- Collaboration in the team’s agile planning processes;
- Automated test implementation;
- Code reviews and support for other development on going within the team;
- Collaboration with engineers from a range of disciplines to deliver complete, production ready systems.
You’ll need to be proactive and able to work independently; you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
XMOS is developing next generation voice control products and is looking for a software engineer to join the IoT team in our Hampton, New Hampshire office.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills;
- Experience with embedded systems and hardware;
- Experience with networking and asynchronous IO applications;
- Familiar with real time operating systems like FreeRTOS or ThreadX;
- Experience with IoT frameworks and messaging protocols like MQTT;
- Experience with hardware protocols like SPI, I2C, I2S, and UART;
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Experience with high level languages such as Python;
- Experience with Cloud services and programming APIs like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud;
- Knowledge of public-key cryptography and TLS;
- Familiarity with network-based application security;
- Experience with unit tests and Test Driven Development;
- An understanding of Continuous Integration systems.
Your Technical Experience should include a working knowledge of programming embedded systems, you will hold a BS or above in Computer Science or a related discipline.