Based in Hampton, New Hampshire (US).
The role sits in the Firmware and Algorithms team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Software design and implementation of embedded systems;
- Translating complex mathematical algorithms to a resource constrained platform.
- Collaboration in the team’s agile planning processes;
- Automated test implementation;
- Code reviews and support for other development on going within the team;
- Collaboration with engineers from a range of disciplines to deliver complete, production ready systems.
You’ll need to be proactive and able to work independently; you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
XMOS is developing next generation voice control products and is looking for a junior software engineer to join the Firmware and Algorithms team in our Hampton, New Hampshire office.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills;
- Experience with embedded systems;
- Familiarity with standard hardware protocols like SPI, I2C, UART, and USB;
- Able to comprehend hardware specs and schematics;
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Familiarity with high level languages such as Python or MATLAB;
- Familiarity with unit tests and Test Driven Development;
- An understanding of Continuous Integration systems;
- DSP or acoustic algorithm experience.
Your Technical Experience should include a working knowledge of programming embedded systems, you will hold a BS or above in Computer Science or a related discipline and have 0 to 5 years of professional programming experience.