Based in Bristol
The role reports to the Lead Development Engineer. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with agile planning processes
- Software design, implantation and documentation
- Automated test implementation
- Code reviews and support for other development on going within the team
- Collaboration with engineers from a range of disciplines to deliver complete, production ready systems
You’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and able to work independently; you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
XMOS has ambitious plans for its next generation of ICs and is looking for energetic and versatile verification engineers to join the growing team. Working in a ‘start-up’ environment, you will participate in and influence all aspects of software development, with opportunities to work on a range of platforms, from embedded devices to cloud services.
You will have a proven track record in the development of complex software systems, and demonstrable skills in Software Engineering, from specification to implementation and testing, including hands-on expertise with:
- Networking and asynchronous IO applications;
- IoT frameworks and messaging protocols;
- Database design;
- Real time operating systems;
- Low level serial protocols such as SPI; and
- Low level networking standards such as Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
You will also have:
- Strong C/C++ programming skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Experience of developing unit tests, and preferably of Test Driven Development;
- Familiarity with the use of SCM systems, and preferably a working knowledge of Git; and
- An understanding of Continuous Integration systems.
Your Technical Experience should include a working knowledge of programming multithreaded applications and developing for resource constrained platforms / embedded systems, and you will hold a BSc or above in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Competitive Salary.
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.
- Holidays – 25 days paid with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period when the office closes.
- Private Medical Insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium has to be paid by the Employee.)
- Group Income Protection Cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of Scheme Salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks.
- Life Insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times Scheme Salary.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.