Based in Bristol.
The role sits in the Marketing and Product Management team, managing the delivery of advanced voice technologies into the most demanding consumer markets to scope, on-time and to budget. Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of multiple interdisciplinary development programs from specification to delivery.
- Responsibility for programme scope, schedule and budget.
- Identification and management of programme risks and issues.
- Working with engineering, product management and operations teams to deliver pragmatic solutions to technical and logistical problems.
- Preparation of summary and detail project documentation.
- Management of third-parties – partners, contractors and customers – as appropriate.
- Establish the Program Management Office (PMO) function; develop appropriate (best practice) programme management processes and manage continuous improvement within PMO.
You’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and able to work independently; you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
This role is suitable for an experienced project or programme manager.
- Extensive experience in project/programme management in a technology business.
- Experience of software and embedded system development.
- Strong alignment with agile/lean methodologies.
- Experience of working in a matrixed development environment.
- Sophisticated relationship and influencing skills. The successful individual needs to be comfortable working across multiple stakeholder groups at all levels of the organisation
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Resilient and determined; a critical thinker and problem solver.
- Strong focus on execution and delivery, with attention to detail.
- Experience of the voice or consumer audio markets.
- Relevant project/program management certification.
- Experience of appropriate quality standards, e.g. ISO9001:2015
- Competitive salary;
- Private Medical Insurance– membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium has to be paid by the Employee);
- Group Income Protection Cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of Scheme Salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks;
- Life Insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times Scheme Salary;
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.
- Holidays – 25 days; with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period for office closure
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.