This role reports to the Director of Hardware Design, based in our Bristol office. Your Responsibilities will include:
- Close partnership with and interface to the Silicon Design Team, ensuring a right-first-time design;
- Block and Chip level test specification, verification methodology and metrics definition;
- Executing and tracking the verification plan through to sign-off;
- Supporting the design team in closing coverage.
You’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and able to work independently. You’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction and be able to make careful judgements about what level of proof is required to validate XMOS’s chip designs through to right-first-time silicon.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
XMOS has ambitious plans for its next generation of ICs and is looking for energetic and versatile verification engineers to join the growing team. Working in a ‘start-up’ environment, you will participate in and influence all aspects of verification, from methodology to tools, validating from block to chip level.
You will have a proven track record in the verification of complex digital ICs, with demonstrable skills in ASIC Verification, from test specification to metric driven sign-off, including hands-on expertise in: * Hardware Verification Languages theory and practice, including usage in RTL verification of processor systems;
- Strong knowledge of RTL test-plan generation, assertion based and formal verification techniques and coverage analysis;
- Generation and maintenance of verification metrics;
- Prior experience verifying IO protocols or sub-systems such as USB2, ethernet, PCIe, MIPI etc;
- Directed and Constrained Random test approaches, and use of assembly code / software in processor core verification;
- In support of your verification effectiveness, you will be familiar with tool flow automation, automatic regression and queuing systems, with a good understanding of scripting languages;
- Version and change control management.
You will also have experience in Chip Level Verification, including:
- Pad & complex IO structures & interfaces;
- Working with 3rd party IP and macro VIPs (such as PLL, POR, PHY, SRAM, OTP, USB, MIPI);
- Embedded programming experience would be an advantage
Your Technical Experience should include a working knowledge of processor architecture and processor design, with an appreciation of hardware and low-level software interoperation, such as how assembly code may be used during verification.
Whilst this is a hands-on role, it would be beneficial if your Background includes some leadership experience, be it of small verification teams, working with 3rd party IP providers or directing sub- contractors. You will also have participated in project planning and conducted project and release-readiness reviews.
- Competitive Salary.
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.
- Holidays – 25 days paid with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period when the office closes
- Private Medical Insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium has to be paid by the Employee.)
- Group Income Protection Cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of Scheme Salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks.
- Life Insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times Scheme Salary.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.