Full time, UK (Pref: Bristol)
A deep tech company at the leading edge of the intelligent internet of things (IoT), XMOS addresses the evolving market need for flexible compute to serve an ever-widening range of smart things including voice, imaging, and ambient sensing.
The company’s uniquely flexible xcore processors allow product designers to architect system-on-chip solutions purely in software, enabling faster time to market with differentiated systems that are cost-effective and energy efficient.
As a deep tech company, we’re always looking for questioning, innovative and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
The Director, Product Marketing plays a crucial role in shaping and executing the product marketing strategy for XMOS products or services.
The role reports to the EVP Product & Marketing.
This is a brand-new outward facing role for XMOS and is an exciting opportunity to be pivotal in driving successful launches and promotion of products in the market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Product Strategy and Positioning: Define and communicate product positioning, key value propositions, and competitive differentiators. Collaborate with product development teams to align product roadmaps with market needs.
- Partner Management: Gain access to key decision makers with partner technology companies specializing in edge applications that forward XMOS technology, with the objective to develop whole products and generate leads through these partners.
- Go to Market Strategy: Create and execute go-to-market strategies for new product launches and updates. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, and marketing, to ensure a coordinated and successful product launch.
- Market Research and Analysis: Individual will conduct market research and competitive analysis that will influence product strategy, requirements, and pricing. This will help build a strong business opportunity pipeline by determining market strategies, strategic potential, technology/segment fit, resolving internal priorities, and recommending course of actions.
- Content development and market collateral: Oversee the creation of marketing materials, including product messaging, sales enablement tools, product documentation, and presentations. Ensure that product marketing content is aligned with the brand and effectively communicates product value. Define clear product specification and value proposition that will aid the sales team to position the product for design wins.
- Sales Enablement: Close partnership with the sales teams. Identify new opportunities and collaborating where required. Providing training, tools, and resources to effectively sell products.
- Performance Measurement: Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of product marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of industry experience. They will be highly persuasive and result oriented and display the gravitas needed to gain access to key decision makers with partner technology companies specializing in delivering edge AI with focus on Voice, HMI, and artificial intelligence platform.
The individual will have demonstrated technical and product business acumen with the ability and skill set to successfully build outstanding product marketing collaterals.
Your skills & experience will include:
- Proven experience in product marketing, with experience in leadership roles in technology or semi-conductor organisations.
- Strategic acumen to leverage emerging market trends by understanding products, economics, ecosystem competitive landscape, market knowledge and industry trends and the ability to translate market insights into actionable strategies.
- Strong understanding of product management and the product development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Track record of relevant experience in product evangelizing, collateral development.
- Excellent lead generation and partner prospecting skills
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced multi-locational and multi-functional environment.
- Strong program management skills to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
The benefits (UK) – will vary based on location
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection Cover
- Life Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Holidays – 25 days, plus 3 days mandatory leave during office closure between Christmas and New Year;
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff;