XMOS is looking for exceptionally talented students for internships in summer 2013 in Bristol. The position will involve working with our engineers on technically interesting and challenging projects related to cutting edge microprocessor technology. This is a paid position and the start/end dates are flexible (though we expect it to cover your entire summer university break).
Applicants should be from either a computer science or electrical engineering background, and currently taking an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
To apply, please follow the Apply link and supply:
- Any achieved intermediate module/degree marks.
- The name of an academic referee.
- A couple of paragraphs on why you want to do the internship with XMOS and why you think you are good for the position.
XMOS is a UK based provider of innovative semiconductor solutions for the embedded market. We are looking to open a position of North America Field Applications Engineer (FAE) and are looking of an individual with strong software skills, coupled with some basic knowledge of hardware, along with good customer interaction skills. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced technical individual to branch out into a Technical Sales role.
The North America FAE will report into the Sales Group and will be required to support the XMOS North America Sales team in both pre- and post-sales activities. The successful individual must perform the following key roles:
- Support customers from initial contact through the design completion phase.
- Provide solutions to technical questions and issues relating to XMOS technology.
- Collaborate with customers on applications-specific tasks including hardware design and more importantly software and firmware support.
- Support customers with technical issues through the volume production phase.
- Provide continual technical support as needed and leveraging XMOS into new designs and projects.
- A proven track record of embedded software engineering from low level assembler up to full stack development. Must have the ability to comprehend and develop C++ code.
- Experience with Microcontroller designs, multicore or multi-threaded environments.
- Good customer interaction and relationship building skills are required; prior experience of direct customer interaction is not essential.
- Experience with reconfigurable semiconductor platforms such as FPGAs, Cypress PSoC or similar.
- Experience of Audio Processing Applications.
- Experience of Networking Applications.
- An ability to read schematics and assist customers with hardware development queries (with the support of the Applications Engineering team).
Travel within the US to support customers in Sales and technical support process is mandatory.
A highly experienced Principal Embedded Software Engineer is required to join the XMOS applications team. This role is based in Chennai, India, but involves working with individuals across XMOS' worldwide applications and field engineering team. This hands on technical role involves leading a team developing real-time industrial networking and motor control applications for our XCore processors and customer facing engineering within these markets. The successful individual must bring deep technical experience in ethernet based Industrial networking protocols such as EtherCAT, Profitnet and Ethernet/IP, and/or advanced motor control algorithms for brushless, switched reluctance or PMSM motors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written, oral and inter-personal, with good spoken English.
- Good customer facing skills, preferably from a product development rather than services background.
- Embedded Programming, C, Assembler for Microcontrollers and DSPs.
- Deep knowledge of Motor Control and/or Industrial Networking.
- Knowledge of Serial Industrial busses such as CAN, Flexray, RS-485
- Hardware/PCB Design
- Experience of Real Time embedded systems including RTOS
- Technical team leadership
Recruitment agencies: XMOS does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or XMOS employees. XMOS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
All applicants for positions based in the UK must have the right to live and work in the UK and be able to provide the necessary documentation to prove this.