Technical Author / Test Engineer
XMOS is a leading supplier of voice-enabled solutions to the consumer electronics market. The combination of our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software offering positions us at the crossover between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence.
XMOS is looking for a technical author / test engineer to join its Engineering team to provide testing for hardware and software solutions, and deliver the best quality technical user documentation possible to our customers.
As a technical author / test engineer, you will assess the audience and the nature of the documentation required by:
- attending planning/briefing meetings;
- collaborating with engineers and managers to clarify technical issues.
- researching and gathering the information required;
- understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared;
- testing XMOS technologies as the product reaches release.
- organising information according to the user's needs;
- writing, reviewing and editing;
- commissioning, coordinating or preparing illustrations;
- indexing and cataloguing material.
- work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- identify the best technology and tools for the work.
Ideally you will have a degree in Communications, English, IT or Journalism but we will consider those who can demonstrate the required skills without a professional qualification.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to present technical information about embedded technologies and software solutions in a range of documentation and training media, using company and international standards.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- An enquiring mind with attention to detail
- The ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information
- An interest in electronics and technology
- The ability to express instructions clearly and briefly in simple English
- A concern for verbal consistency and an appreciation of tone and style
- The ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
- English language proficiency
- HTML, XML, CSS, LaTeX, RST
- Word, PowerPoint