Software Tools Team Lead
XMOS is a leading supplier of embedded multicore microcontrollers. The combination of our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software offering positions us at the crossover between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence.
XMOS is looking for a talented and experienced software engineer to lead our Software Tools Team. Our development tools enable both XMOS and our customers to create products on our scalable, embedded, parallel, real-time xCORE architecture.
This position would suit an experienced software engineer looking to have a significant impact in a growing technology business. Candidates will ideally have both leadership skills and a strong background in embedded tools development.
As the Tools Team Lead you will be responsible for your team:
- assigning work and reporting progress to senior management;
- mentoring junior engineers;
- consulting with all stakeholders;
- defining the roadmap for the development tools;
- setting the release schedule.
- resolving issues in the tools;
- developing new features as appropriate.
BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or related degree (at least a 2:1 from a top tier university)
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Skilled team leadership
- Experienced C/C++ programmer
- Ability to effectively architect software tools
- Desire to promote best practice in software development
- Strong code organisation and planning
- Excellent problem solving
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges
- English language proficiency
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Experience of real-time and multi-core processor architectures
- Understanding of embedded toolchains
- Understanding of Continuous Integration systems
- Git proficiency
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Agile development