XMOS is a leading supplier of voice-enabled solutions to the consumer electronics market. The combination of our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software offering positions us at the crossover between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence.
XMOS is looking for a talented and versatile software engineer to join the engineering team. We are a small company where we develop everything from silicon, GUI tools, to embedded firmware running on our scalable, embedded, parallel, real-time xCORE architecture.
This role will suit any software engineer looking for a challenge that will enable them to have a significant impact in a growing technology business.
In this role you will be expected to:
- develop a large range of software products;
- collaborate with a variety of engineers;
- be flexible and support everything from infrastructure to firmware development;
- learn lots.
BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or related degree (at least a 2:1 from a top tier university)
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges and architectures - both in hardware and software
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexible and willing to apply yourself to a broad range of software tasks
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work co-operatively but autonomously within a small team
- English language proficiency
- Git proficiency
- Python scripting
- Understanding of Continuous Integration systems
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Appreciation of Agile software development