Senior Tools/Compiler Engineer
XMOS is an international fabless semiconductor company with a specialisation in audio products. XMOS is growing and looking for a talented software developer to join their Tools Team maintaining and developing an embedded tool chain.
Would suit an engineer with 5+ years of software development.
Maintain existing software tools, including compiler, debugger, etc.
BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or related degree (at least a 2:1 from a top tier university)
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Experience of refactoring within a large code base
- Software tools development
- Understanding/experience of compilers
- Understanding/experience of embedded toolchains
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of real-time and multi-core processor architectures
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to work co-operatively but autonomously within a small team
- English language proficiency
- Understanding of Continuous Integration systems