Privately-held and well-funded, the business stands at the threshold of explosive growth over the next 24-36 months. In support of this growth, XMOS now seeks to appoint an experienced product manager to drive the specification and delivery of XMOS’ VocalSorcery products into the voice marketplace.
Based in our New Hampshire office, this position would suit a product manager looking to transition into an exciting role with a leader in the voice market, or an applications engineer with experience of the voice or acoustic DSP market looking to transition into a more commercial role.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product definition: through customer contact and a broad understanding of the market and competitive landscape, drive the requirements definition for the VocalSorcery products: voice processors, reference designs and software libraries.
- Ownership of relevant inbound and outbound marketing activities: environmental and competitive analysis; targeting and positioning; development of business cases; product definition and development.
- Execution: act as a focus to drive product plans through XMOS product management process to completion.
- Collaboration: participate in strategy and roadmap definition with colleagues based in UK.
- Cross-functional management: work across XMOS to develop performant cross-functional teams focused on product delivery.
- Industry participation: participate in trade shows/conferences promoting and positioning XMOS as a leader in the voice market.
Qualifications, Experiences and Attributes:
- Required: Qualified to graduate level in a relevant technical discipline.
- Required: 5+ years’ experience in product management in a technology business.
- Required: Experience of software development.
- Required: Experience of working in a matrixed development environment.
- Required: Able to build credible commercial and engineering relationships within the organization, customers and partners.
- Required: Sophisticated relationship and influencing skills. The successful individual needs to be comfortable working across multiple stakeholder groups from C-level downwards.
- Required: Outstanding communication skills.
- Required: Resilient and determined; engaged and a critical thinker; a problem solver.
- Required: Process-driven, delivery-focused.
- Required: Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally (up to 30%).
- Desired: Experience of embedded system development.
- Desired: Experience of the voice or consumer audio markets.
- Desired: Experience of acoustic DSP algorithms
- Desired: Experience of embedded device firmware development.
- Desired: Experience of agile/lean methodologies.
- Reports to: Director of Product Management.
- Location: Hampton, New Hampshire, USA
- Health care (inc dental and vision)
- 15 vacation days, 10 holidays, 5 sick days
- 401k plan
- Stock options