Principal Software Engineer/Team Lead
XMOS is a leading supplier of voice-enabled solutions to the consumer electronics market. The combination of our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software offering positions us at the crossover between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence.
Privately-held and well-funded, the business stands at the threshold of explosive growth over the next 24-36 months. In support of this growth, XMOS is looking for a talented engineer to lead the Hampton, NH based Firmware and Algorithms Team, developing next generation voice control products.
This position would suit an experienced software engineer looking to expand his or her responsibilities and to have a significant impact in a growing technology business. Candidates will have experience driving product development efforts to successful delivery of software products.
- Leading a small team of developers.
- Delivery of high-quality audio processing products.
- A degree in Computer Science (or education/experience commensurate to that level) with several years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and deliver a software product.
- Be highly innovative, flexible, self-directed and driven.
- Ability to work as part of an international team across time zones.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise with high level languages such as: C++, Python, Java.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong desire to build tools, services and platform that enable other engineers to greatness.
- Experience with code organization, Git proficiency.
- DSP programming experience.
- Acoustic algorithmic expertise.
- Parallel-processing programming experience.