Graphical User Interface Developer
XMOS is a leading supplier of voice-enabled solutions to the consumer electronics market. The combination of our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software offering positions us at the crossover between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence.
XMOS is looking for a talented software engineer to develop GUI tools to empower our customers creating products on our scalable, embedded, parallel, real-time xCORE architecture.
This position would suit an experienced software engineer looking to have a significant impact in a growing technology business.
As a GUI tool developer you will be expected to:
- gather and understand user requirements and expectations;
- design and develop intuitive tools to support development on the xCORE architecture;
- collaborate with the rest of the Tools Team to deliver quality tools for customer use.
BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or related degree (at least a 2:1 from a top tier university)
- Strong GUI design and development
- Good code organisation and planning
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Passion for clear and intuitive UI design
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges and architectures - both in hardware and software
- Ability to work co-operatively but autonomously within a small team
- English language proficiency
- Proficient git user
- Understanding of Continuous Integration systems
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Appreciation of Agile software development