Acoustic Applications Engineer
XMOS is a leading supplier of voice-enabled solutions to the consumer electronics market. The combination of our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software offering positions us at the crossover between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence.
Privately-held and well-funded, the business stands at the threshold of explosive growth over the next 24-36 months. In support of this growth, XMOS is looking for an Acoustic Applications Engineer to complement the Hampton, NH based Firmware and Algorithms Team, developing next generation voice control products.
This position would suit an experienced acoustic applications engineer looking to to have a significant impact in a growing technology business. Candidates with a strong interest in acoustics and voice control development, but lacking relevant experience will be given consideration as well.
- Define and develop automated acoustic characterization suites
- Ensuring XMOS audio products are of the highest quality
- Interact with and assist in development of XMOS software tools for acoustic analysis
- A degree in Computer Science, Physics (or education/experience commensurate to that level) with several years of experience.
- Strong experience of acoustic device characterization and testing
- Ability to work as part of an international team across time zones.
- Desire and ability to automate test procedures.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise with high level languages such as: C++, Python, Java.
- Audio DSP expertise.
- Knowledge of acoustic product design.
- Understanding of MEMS microphones.
- Database experience.